Florida Crane Owners' Council Mission Statement
The mission of the FCOC is to collectively address the issues and concerns of Florida crane owners and associated industries, in a unified effort to develop and monitor laws, regulations and standards for the safe and efficient future of the crane industry in the state of Florida.
- Work with the insurance industry to address liability, workers compensation and third-party immunity issues and also to develop pertinent programs to educate crane-owner members.
- Coordinate efforts with other industry associations and commercial and government entities for the development of training and certification programs for crane operators, riggers and signal persons.
- Work with the DOT and other government agencies to advance research and development of weight limit studies, compliance efforts, CDL revisions and hours of service issues.
- Stay informed and prepared to study, discuss and amend or create and implement federal, state or local legislation or ordinances pertinent to and for the benefit of the crane industry.
- Recruit, develop and retain members through committee participation and board involvement.