FCOC November Meeting
On November 12th the FCOC conducted a successful membership meeting. A couple highlights from the meeting were:
- Thanks to KHL for hosting our meeting in conjunction with their World Crane Conference.
- Jim Wiethorn, Chairman of Haag Engineering provided a very interesting talk on crane accidents and statistics. His new book on crane accidents can be purchased at on his website at http://haagengineering.com/crane-study/ . FCOC members can receive a 20% discount until December 12th with the promotional code"WorldCrane20".
- The FCOC is creating a "PAC" and hiring state lobbyist Rick Watson to repeal state sales tax on new and used cranes in Florida. This would encourage economic growth, update crane safety equipment, and update crane pollution control equipment by encouraging the Florida construction industry to update their crane fleets. We need your help to make this a success. More information can be found at http://www.flcoc.com/support-the-fcoc-crane-sales-tax-initiative1.html
- Membership renewals will be sent shortly. A discussion was had on meeting formats. Please help us with this survey to guide our efforts. http://www.flcoc.com/fcoc-asks-your-opinions-on-meetings1.html
- The FCOC is looking forward to our Platinum sponsorship of the Central Florida Career Days on January 27 - 29th. Several members will be participating. Please contact John Wessel if your company would like to participate as well. More information on this event can be found at: http://www.flcoc.com/fcoc-announces-donation-to-career-days1.html